Here are tips from AAY! Nutritionist, Narina, to help set you up for a successful week of healthy eating:
PLAN: Put time aside each weekend to plan meals & snacks for the upcoming week.
- Inventory your kitchen & review your social calendar.
- Include a variety of different types of protein, grains, fruits & vegetables.
- Create a shopping list, organized by aisle.
- To save time, organize your shopping list by aisle beginning left to right.
- Shop during slow times or order online to get your groceries delivered.
- Don't shop when you're hungry, and don't buy anything not on your shopping list.
PREPARE: The more you prepare on the weekends, the less you have to do during the busy work week.
- Wash, cut and store your fresh produce.
- Prepare any sauces or dressings used in your recipes.
- Chop & dice herbs, veggies and fruit, and then store them in ready-to-use containers.
- Make food prep fun! Involve your family, light a candle or listen to your favorite podcast, music or audiobook.